How to reduce your timesheet project list
Does your timesheet show every project in the company? Are there a hundred projects? Two hundred? More?
If so, you need to try Timesheet Favorites!
Timesheet Favorites solves the problem of too many projects to scroll through. You have to pity the person that has to scroll through a hundred projects just to find the one they are working on. Maybe that person is you! Administrators can alleviate the problem by assigning projects only to the people that are actually working on them. But end-users can also reduce the list on their own.
The video shows a little gray triangle in the upper-left corner of the timesheet. Click that triangle and pick ‘Choose Favorites…’ to reduce your list.
You will see a small yellow ‘X’ appear at the top of your timesheet with the word ‘Favorites’ next to it. That means your timesheet is filtered. Click the yellow ‘X’ to get out of the Favorites mode. When you do, you’ll see all your projects again. In fact, anytime you want to see all your projects, or wonder why some are missing, just click the ‘X’ at the top of the timesheet.
As we said earlier, administrators can also help reduce the timesheet project list. Follow these steps to assign projects to users so they see only the relevant ones.
- Choose Tools, Projects (admins only)
- Click on a project
- Click ‘Assign to users’ in the properties at the right
- Choose the users that should see this project
- Click OK, OK
Or here’s how to choose all the projects a user should see:
- Choose Tools, Users and Organization (admins only)
- Right-click on a user
- Choose ‘Assign to Projects’
- Choose the projects the user should see
- Click OK, OK
Reducing the number of projects in the timesheet has advantages. Here are some to consider:
- Timesheet is more manageable
- Less scrolling
- Fewer mistakes (because of entering into the wrong project)
- Less time doing non-project busywork
- Employee job satisfaction
Also see: Assign Projects To Users